Nov 1, 2010

Stupid F/C bug in 1.2.2

In Meridian Hermit 1.2.2 there's a major bug, which will make everyone turning data collection off force closes every time.
First of all I want to say I'm not forcing you to enable data collection. If I want to do so I'll just remove the option or doing that secretly.
Okay, so what's the problem? This is the buggy code:

  if (tracker != null) {
    // do tracks...
  }
  tracker.stop();


If user disable data collection, the tracker will be a null pointer. and thus F/C on a NullPointerException.
Yeah, very stupid bug. It of course need to be this:

  if (tracker != null) {
    // do tracks...
    tracker.stop();
  }


I apologize for the bug but all test phones I use was turning collection on :p
You know it's hard to develope and test everything by one man blah blah.
Sorry for the inconvenience again, in addition to tens of mails I got and replied X_X

No comments: