The mechanism is using Flurry and Google Analytics, which will collect data for:
- Meridian Errors. This is most important, as with this we can get information for debugging without requesting users to install Log Collections or so on.
- The actions of Meridian, like one video play, browsing using which tab, headset button pressed, etc. This is used for counting what mechanism is more used, so we'll do more effort on those features.
- Your device model, carrier, and firmware version. This is used for device-dependant features priority, for example, if there's still a lot of people using Android 1.5 devices, Meridian will keep supporting 1.5, instead of going to a minimum 1.6 release.
- Meridian does NOT collect what's in your phone or SD card. We will be reported you played a music or video, from artist or album, but we don't know what it actually is.
- Meridian does NOT collect anything related to your Google account, like your account name, mail, calendar, everything.
- Meridian does NOT collect your location information, other than which country you live (using IP information). At the very first 0.7.0 it did, but now removed.
- Meridian does NOT collect your call information. It only knows the phone is hooked or not.
- Meridian does NOT collect your phone number, messages, or contacts.